« Home | Cuddling is My Superpower? » | Hey, You Out There... » | Introducing Edmund » | Planes, Trains and Automobiles » | Geaux Tigers! » | 2006 Was So Yesterday » | Defining Domesticity » | Breaks from Blogging » | Tennessee Sounds Good to Me » | 12 Hours Later »

Addypod Selections

It's been a while since I did a soundtrack post, so I thought I'd rename it the Addypod Selections due to the fact that this is what I've been listening too since I got back to DC and put the ipod back into constant use. Overall, bleak and depressing, but it rather fits rainy January weather.

The Blower's Daughter, Damien Rice
This is the most addictive and haunting song that I've ever heard. Most people know it from the movie Closer. It's the perfect depressing track. If it goes onto your playlist be sure to pull out the Sylvia Plath.

Let the River Run, Carly Simon
Carly Simon's 1980's girl power ballad from Working Girl. What's not to like?

Time After Time, Cyndi Lauper and Sarah McLachlan
New(er) version of another great 80's classic. I love the blending of Lauper and McLachlan on this track.

My Savior, My God, Aaron Shust
Amazing praise song.

Stand in the Rain, Superchick
Sure, Superchick is a Christian teeny bopper group, but you can't help but like some of their stuff, and Stand in the Rain seems to capture my mood lately.

This Woman's Work, Maxwell
Another cover of an 80's movie song by Kate Bush. (Notice a pattern?)

A Long December, Counting Crows
Also been pulling out the Counting Crows lately. What ever happened to them?

Politik, Coldplay
Favorite song from the band before Gwyneth entered the picture, and they were good.

Fix You, Coldplay as well.
So X&Y isn't my favorite album, but I do like about three tracks off of it, and this is my favorite one.

Satisfied and Just About Enough, Josh Bales (from Underneath the Armor)
I ocassionally post about Josh Bales, but he's quickly becoming my all-time favorite songwriter. His music just seems follow the ebb and flow of my relationship with God. Underneath the Armor, his latest release, is my favorite yet. If there's one CD I'd recommend buying this year, it's Josh Bales.

Labels: ,

i love the counting crows! i have the whole cd on mine. i also have a host of 70s, 80s, and 90s music on mine b/c its' obviously the best. however my new fave running tunes are (are you ready for this?) alabama!!! "dancing, shaggin on the blvd" and "dixieland delight!"

woohoo! all hail southern goodness!

I agree. "Dixieland Delight" is probably my favorite Alabama song. Hmmm...might need to download that one from itunes tonight.

Thanks for leaving the Josh Bales CD. I was just listening to it and like it very much.

Post a Comment

About me

  • girl from the south
  • Washington D.C./Chattanooga, United States
  • Twentysomething Southerner from Tennessee with Cajun roots. As a graduate student in communications, I'm learning to depend on God while navigating through life in our nation's capital.
My profile
101 Things

News

Things I Love

Blogs from the South